CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

peace of mind

Leisure.. leisure... leisure... hm.. mum and i r in need of leisure... yesterday after work, we attended fat zap class.. eventho smpai like 10mins late, thank God, we completed the class succesfully!! wuuhuhu.. bt stil need to catch up w the steps.. the instructor's movement was like.. very2 fast... very!! hm... after one and a half hour of working out, here comes the leisure part... We went for steam bath and sauna... it really helps me to kick back and unwind... a perrfect place to find a peace of mind, relaxation and contentment... what does sauna really do to my body? i found out...
  • my heart rate increases by 50-75%, the heat causes my blood vessels to expand to accommodate increased blood flow, and at the same time my cardiac load increases which is the equivalent to a brisk walk... wowie! yah... it provides the same metabolic result as physical exercise..
  • my blood vessels become flexible, blood flow to my skin increases to as high as 50-70% of cardiac output (compared to the standard 5-10%). and..... this brings nutrients to subcutaneous and surface tissue... resulting >>>> a glowing healthy skin!!! coolio!!!
  • it comprehensively cleans off my skin and my sweat glands... profuse sweating enhances the detoxifying capacity of my skin by opening pores and flushing impurities from my body.. gewdd haih?!
  • my skin temperature rises to 40 degree celcius, and my internal body temp. rises to about 38 degree... creating an artificial fever state,, which is part of body's natural healing process... fever stimulates my immune system resulting in increased production of disease fighting white blood cells, antibodies and interferon (an anti viral protein with cancer fighting capability).. ok great!!
  • it loosen my fatty tissue and assist in the battle against cellulite... (this is absolutely what i want!!!)

okey.. so those are the major benefits of steam bath and sauna... cool kn?? bt i read sumwer that its not good to steam bath or sauna very frequent. i think im gona do it like once a week... okey la kot kn... oh oh,.. n some more benefits;

  • Relief from the pain and stiffness of arthritis.
  • Steam is an excellent treatment for respiratory problems, such as; chest congestion, bronchitis, laryngitis and sinusitis.
  • Revives tired and strained muscles after physical exertion.
  • The cleansing effect of profuse perspiration helps provide healthy skin and a clear complexion.

alryte... dat's it.. hm, mama was eager to noe where to buy the sauna set.. so she asked the owner of the spa.. bang! she got it.. a company selling all spa equipments located in cheras.. Magic Boo Beauty.. she's planning to hav one at home kot... i wonder, ma ni btul ke??! it wil cost like almost 10k or mayb more.. depending on the size n custom settings for the sauna set la.. if mama beli, dat wil b so so great... takyah la susah2 drive to the spa houz lagi.. kn ma kn?! hm, tp lmbt lagi kot, so for now, stil we wil b visiting the same spa houz.. which is cool enuff dh pn..

so this is how i deal with my daily stress... alwayz, with a smile on my face and a spring in my steps...2 my dearest luvly galfrenzz, cant wait to see u guys...........n let's get sweaty baybehhh!!!! Muahx!

0 comments: